Five Los Angeles authors with a taste for the transgressive will read from their work on March 25th at Stories Books and Café in LA’s Echo Park. Drop by (it’s free!) and hear the following depraved souls serve up portions of the darkest of noir:
- Rex Weiner, whose fiction and nonfiction are both dark, with a swirl of humor
- Renee Asher Pickup, publisher of Bronzeville Books
- Lisa Dougass, editor of Switchblade Magazine‘s all-women issue, Stiletto Heeled.
- Jon Zelazny, ex-soldier, screenwriter, and author
- Richard Risemberg, that’s me, and if you’re reading this you probably have an idea who I am, a literary writer who slips into the dark now and then
- Ashley Erwin, a superb performer and the only writer I know of putting out comic hillbilly noir!
Co-sponsored by Crow Tree Books and Switchblade Magazine. Join us on Wednesday night March 25th, at 7pm. You’ll laugh, you’ll cry, you’ll cower. But don’t worry, we’ll keep you safe.
Thanks also to Alex Maslansky of Stories Books and Café for making space for us, and for keeping one of the best bookshops in LA going in the heart of Echo Park, the city’s traditional home ground for nontraditional people, a refuge for artists, writers, musicians, political and social radicals, and bohemians of every inclination for over a century!
Wednesday, March 25th, starting at 7pm, and going till we all give out!
Stories Books and Café
1716 W Sunset Blvd. (near Echo Park Street)
Los Angeles CA 90026
Food and drinks available, of course. Not to mention books!